Dream as if you'll live forever

live as if you'll die today



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Since I've not been seeing anyone since I 'broke up' with Zaki I have found many ways to keep myself busy. This is bad when it comes time to nights and weekends, because I am constantly distracting myself with these little time killers (see current blog entry for an example). It's almost impossible for me to just lie down on my bed and go to sleep. All of this procrastinating and having that nagging thought in the back of my head saying "you should be sleeping for work" makes waking up a miserable process for me. I know that there is a lot to be said for will power, but I just don't have it.

I'm excited for this coming in campus semester. I always get excited before a semester, then when reality hits, and I have to actually get up and go to an eight in the morning class, shit starts to suck. I have high hopes for this semester, though. Need to get motivated.

My group of friends up here is slowly dwindling. I now have one(1) friend (Omar) and two(2) acquaintances that I know from my last attachment at 49. That is about it. I know that I shouldn't be socializing all of the time, but I need a good balance, and I do not get that up here. It's like 90% alone Ida Imelda time, and 10% friend time up here. I need, probably, 60/40 to stay sane. I've always liked keeping to myself, and I do enjoy my alone time, but I do need to get out.

School first, then I make an effort to see people. If I have all A's going into poly, I'll make more of an effort to see people.

Promise!!