Dream as if you'll live forever

live as if you'll die today



Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Human condition

Year after year and its the same things being written down, the same kind of celebration for the new year , a more selective group of friends for birthday parties and lesser things to be happy about. I would say its all part of growing up. In fact, i think its the right way to grow up. You get older, the more things you experience and happiness is less imminent to the things you thought that once meant the world to you.

Stepping into a town loses its excitement, i start thinking twice, the thrill of being the center of attention and all that shenanigan slowly but surely diminishes. I then ponder on how much time I've wasted. Both on 'friends' that weren't worth a penny right down to getting into arguments with ' ex-boyfriends' who when i think of right now, makes me want to regurgitate into a pail and force it all down their throats. Believe me, i could do all that. Sue me after for all i care but it won't be much of a remedy on my part because all of the time wasted is lost in a past i can no longer re-create.

However, I am not going to make up excuses and regrets. On the direct contrary, it's really just a blessing in disguise. I mean where will i be if none of those things happened to me? I would have been 18 and still walking around thinking that my world is surrounded with people who wants to party hard every other weekend and it is the same kind of people that want to have as many friends as they can just to fill some void in their heart? Who tells me that the person they have been close with is sometimes a pain in the ass and i'm supposed to think that i wasn't a possible victim of theirs? What kind of a hypocritical situation are you trying to land yourselves in? Many lack the ability to tell the truth. They're afraid to get angry , they want to keep a flawless and untainted impression of themselves and so they resort to telling some other friend about the shit he/she has been causing them instead of being upfront altogether with the one who is actually pissing them off.

What this world needs is someone who can show their true colors and not be afraid to do so. To absorb the veracity of their character from within and execute it with full potential. To be able to look at yourself in the mirror and know that the person looking back is a full-fledged YOU.